Employment law is a complex and rapidly-developing area. Our lawyers act for both employees and employers, bringing experience and expertise to the table when assisting with a range of employment issues.
For employers, we offer services to help deal with problems before they happen. Using well-crafted employment contracts and policy manuals helps make sure that your expectations for employees are clear, and will protect your business if disputes arise. When problems can’t be avoided, we’ll help you find a fair solution that meets your business needs.
For employees, we help make sure that your rights are protected. If you’re facing termination, discrimination, or harassment at work, you can trust our lawyers to advocate for you and help you get the result you deserve. We’re also happy to review employment contracts, severance packages, and other employment agreements (such as non-disclosure, non-compete, and non-solicitation agreements) and explain them to you in plain language.
We can help you with:
- Drafting and reviewing employment contracts, non-compete and non-solicitation agreements, and employer policy manuals
- Enforcing or challenging employment contracts, non-compete and non-solicitation agreements
- Wrongful, constructive, or just cause dismissals
- Termination of employment
- Severance package reviews
- Pension and benefit issues
- Workplace harassment and bullying
- Workplace discrimination and human rights complaints
Our lawyers who practice employment law include: